Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Vizio parts

Hi!
Where can I get Vizio parts
Vince
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Certainly not Vizio :

http://gadgetbox.msnbc.msn.com/_news...e-unrepairable

That means you need to operate like a junkyard now. Groups like this
might become like a parts wanted BBS because that's the only way most
of this junk is going to get fixed. You could try Shopjimmy, but you
have to read their site ; some parts are teasted, some aren't,
whatever. You can send stuff back but they charge a pretty hefty
restocking fee. Then the problem is sometimes it's hard to tell if the
replacement was bad or the diagnosis was wrong, or one fault caused
another.

Maybe I should go into vintage audio. Or make doughnuts.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 1 Feb 2012 10:16:37 -0800 (PST), Jeff Urban
wrote:

Certainly not Vizio :
http://gadgetbox.msnbc.msn.com/_news...e-unrepairable

Cute. I stupidly bought a Polaroid TV from Circuit City without
checking the service arrangements. No docs, no schematics, no
service, and of course, no parts.

That means you need to operate like a junkyard now. Groups like this
might become like a parts wanted BBS because that's the only way most
of this junk is going to get fixed.

Yep. Welcome to eBay parts and pieces:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=vizio+parts
5000 items for sale. The problem is that most of the boards are
really guaranteed and are probably pull-outs.

I do much the same thing when I have a TV that's not worth fixing
(i.e. broken LCD screen). I part it out, and sell the pieces on eBay.
If I know the board is bad, it goes to the recyclers.

Maybe I should go into vintage audio. Or make doughnuts.

I'm drifting into fixing sewing machines. If it moves, it breaks.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 1 Feb 2012 09:36:58 -0700, "Vincent Schmitt"
wrote:

Hi!
Where can I get Vizio parts
Vince

Vizio TVs are the armpit of the industry (Polaroid, Element, Memorex,
etc are from a point even lower). For Vizio plasma TVs, most of the
stuff that fails is part of the plasma panel - sustains, buffers, etc
and can be found by looking for the vendors part number. If you find
numbers that start with LJ, it's a Samsung panel; LG Electronics
starts their part numbers with 6871. The power supply may be supplied
by Samsung or LG Electronics, or it may be from a third party. The
same applies to the main board, although it is more likely that it is
a Vizio product.

Visio LCD TVs are more of a problem - they often are a mismash of
parts - one vendor supplying the power supply, someone else supplying
the LCD panel, the inverter from a third party, and Visio supplying
the main board.

Possible sources include eBay (but you must be very careful about
feedback and description) and places like Discount TV Parts, Shop
Jimmy, etc. Googling the board number should bring up a number of
sources.

One important detail - most sellers indicate their boards are from TVs
with damaged screens, and are good. Some even offer a warranty.
Given the number of different TVs, and the time it would take to test
the boards, that is reasonable. But be very cautious about those who
state nothing more than 'Untested'.

One additional resource - www.badcaps.net/forum has a 'Troubleshooting
TV and Video Sources' section. Some of the people there are pretty
good at troubleshooting common problems.

PlainBill
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 01 Feb 2012 11:32:02 -0800, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:
(...)

I sorta blundered onto the Sears site, which sells Vizio parts (no
components, just boards and mechanical pieces):
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/brands-products/Vizio-Parts/Television-Parts
No experience, but depending on what you're looking to buy, it might
be useful.

# 831-336-2558
# http://802.11junk.com
#
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com AE6KS

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JW JW is offline

wrote:

[...]

There's still a lot of money fixing and/or buying and re-selling test
equipment. I gave up on all consumer electronics over a decade ago.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Vincent Schmitt" wrote in message
Hi!
Where can I get Vizio parts
Vince

Google turned up several sources, all in the US.
On another note, I was at Wal-Mart this evening, and saw a Vizio combo pack.
It contained a 42" 3D capable LCD TV, with Vizio bluray, also 3D ready, and
four pairs of polarized glasses. Cost was $780, and the 3D demo was rather
impressive. I'd watch it, and I'm picky.
No wonder Vizio is the #1 selling brand in America.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Google turned up several sources, all in the US.
On another note, I was at Wal-Mart this evening, and saw a Vizio combo

pack.
It contained a 42" 3D-capable LCD TV, with Vizio bluray, also 3D ready,

and
four pairs of polarized glasses. Cost was $780, and the 3D demo was

rather
impressive. I'd watch it, and I'm picky.
No wonder Vizio is the #1 selling brand in America.

I'm viewing this e-mail on a ViewSonic CRT monitor, which was recommended by
a friend, and turned out to be better than any Sony I'd owned. (It uses a
Mitsubishi Trinitron.) Vizio was founded by the same man who founded
ViewSonic.

I was surprised at the "unkind" remarks about Vizio. I bought a 32" Vizio
for my den several years ago, and it is startlingly good. (For example, the
horizontal viewing angle is 179 degrees.) My living room display is a 60"
KURO, and the Vizio /does not/ provoke a "yuck" reaction in comparison. With
good program material (especially NBC), the Vizio is a knockout. This sort
of quality does not happen by accident.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Fri, 3 Feb 2012 02:38:28 -0800, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:

[...]

Perhaps you haven't explored the process of manufacturing a plasma or
LCD tv. Vizio, Philips, Panasonic, Sony all follow the same general
process. They buy an LCD panel from one of the limited numbers of
companies which manufacture them (Samsung, LG Electronics, Sharp are
major suppliers). That panel includes the tcon and backlight system
(CCFLs and inverter, or LEDs and LED driver). The TV manufacturer
then adds a power supply, main board (which includes video processing
and control components, tuners and inputs), speakers, etc. and puts it
in a case. Thus the difference between a Vizio LCD TV built around a
Samsung panel and a Sony built around the identical panel is the main
board, the case, and other incidental parts. Even the major parts of
the main board come from a very limited number of suppliers.

When receiving a digital broadcase the signal is received as digital,
is processed, and sent to the tcon where the digital information is
directed to the appropriate pixels at the proper time. Other than the
component and composite inputs everything is digital. There is no
difference in the way the signal is processed.

I would expect that TVs built with identical panels would produce
identical quality pictures when adjusted to the user's preferences.
So where does the difference between Vizio and LG Electronics lie?

1. The components on the power supply and main board, in particular
the capacitors. Vizio is notorious for using cheap Chinese caps in
their power supply. Capxon Elite, and Lelon are popular brands.
Capxon is popularly known as Crapxon, the other brands are even worse.
A bad filter cap in the power supply will not affect the picture until
it deteriorates to the point the main board will not function.

2. The warranty, warranty service, and especially out of warranty
service. Vizio does not want to see your TV ones it leaves their
factory. They will grudginly replace a TV that fails within the
warranty period. The usual replacement is a 'refurbished' model;
under some circumstnces they have required the owner to return the
failed TV at the owners expense. Once it is out of warranty, they do
not want to have anything to do with it. All you can do is take it to
an independent shop and hope they can repair it without schematics.

PlainBill
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
[...]

Back at WallyWorld this afternoon, checked out the Vizio 3D set, its now on
"special" for $698. They also have a 65" Vizio LED LCD for $1795.
Talking to my local TV shop, who sells LG, he says that Vizio uses parts
from a whole bunch of name brands...panels and power supplies from LG.
Panel supplier depends on size.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

Vizio was founded by the same man who founded
ViewSonic.

Not Viewsonic, but Princeton Graphics.
http://www.inc.com/magazine/20070601/hidi-wang.html

# 831-336-2558
# http://802.11junk.com
#
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com AE6KS
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

Vizio was founded by the same man who founded
ViewSonic.

Not Viewsonic, but Princeton Graphics.
http://www.inc.com/magazine/20070601/hidi-wang.html

and MAG too.

I sort of liked their older monitors before they got cheap and ****ty
looking with strange curves.

The Taiwanese were pretty good at making decent computer monitors.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Vincent Schmitt" wrote: Hi!
Where can I get Vizio parts
Vince

I bought a mainboard for a 32" Vizio from Sears:
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/

These guys also had the same part:
http://vizparts.com/index.php

The remanufactured board with shipping was around $130 from Sears. Vizparts
was more and they also have a restocking fee of 15% and charge a 'core' fee
which you can get back if you return the bad board. Sear doesn't have those
restrictions. The hardest part of my repair was removing and replacing the
zillion screws. TV is working like a champ now.
-N.Morrow

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wednesday, February 1, 2012 at 8:36:58 AM UTC-8, Vince Schmitt wrote:
Hi!
Where can I get Vizio parts
Vince

go to www.vizpartsdirect.com
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

There can be a difference in the quality of scaling algorithms implmented in the main board. This determines the visual quality of images with lower resolution than the panel, and many are quite poor. That makes non-HD channels look much worse than they should, in this regard CRT are way better at displaying them.

vizio tv Vince Schmitt Electronics Repair 7 November 24th 11 09:08 PM
Vizio Vince Electronics Repair 1 November 4th 09 07:44 PM
FS:Vizio 42" Plasma Max Electronics Repair 0 February 7th 08 09:21 PM
Goodbye RCA .. Hello Vizio HD N. Morrow Electronics Repair 2 April 22nd 07 06:26 PM
VIZIO lcd set with lines across Ken G. Electronics Repair 1 October 18th 06 03:53 PM