Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv,rec.audio.tech,uk.rec.audio,sci.electronics.repair
Jerry Jerry is offline

Default Audio Precision System One Dual Domani Measuirement Systems

"recursor" wrote in message
o.uk...
: On 29/01/2012 20:48, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:
: In message , "Dave Plowman
(News)"
: writes:
: In article ,
: Jerry wrote:
: Yes pet, a 15amp breaker has the same rating as 30amp
breaker if
: you say so... One is far more likely to have an appliance
lead
: that is rated at 15A, even for appliances that have
internal 1amp
: fuses, rather than such an appliance having a lead that one
could
: run a domestic -four ring, grill and oven- cooker off...
:
: Thanks for confirming we can add flex ratings to the things
you know
: nothing about.
:
: Conductors rated at only 1A are very thin - sufficiently so
that they do not
: have great mechanical strength. Therefore Jerry's statement
that mains leads (in
: US: line cords) are likely to have a higher rating than
absolutely necessary is
: valid. Especially if they're of the sort that has a connector
at both ends: if
: there's a chance that they might be used for an appliance
that draws more, then
: it is unwise to use low-current wire/cable for them.
:
: (I am not on either side in the argument between Jerry and
others: I live in UK,
: but still find ring mains odd.)
:
: Indeed, inherently unsafe some would say:-
:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_ci..._whe n_in_use

Indeed, indeed, and one can't help but notice the melee mouthed
solutions some twit has added to that table of horror - and as
for over heating of a radial circuit due to a loose connection,
sorry twit but the same risks apply to rings - more so as they
are more heavily loaded by design.