Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default recycling steel

On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 22:23:10 -0800, Winston
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 20:37:55 -0800,
wrote:

(...)

I dunno. I think that $3.20 a lb from Essential Depot will
be a hard deal to beat.

If you need that much, probably. If not, the lack of shipping from a
local vendor might be a much better deal.

Could Be! I will keep my eyes open for a local deal, too.

I look for value, so I always look near and far before buying things.
I try to support local vendors, but not when they ask twice what the
thing's worth. When I find that, I tell them and ask what price they
pay for the item. Many times, their wholesale price is higher than an
eBay, Amazon, or other online vendor's retail price and they have a
chance to source their goods more cheaply, allowing them to attract
more local purchasers. Or they tell me to "GFY!" I win either way.

(...)

The difference in the appearance of the
workpiece would have started a religion
200 years ago.

--Winston-- Look Ma! No Rust!

The resolution of video shot back then was considerably more grainy
than that of today.

If you can find a cuneiform player, that is.

Verily.

Here's evidence that the first operational amplifiers
used one ox each:
http://karenswhimsy.com/public-domai...uneiform-2.jpg

Bwahahahaha! Good one. I wonder if that is an actual tidbit of info
which played into the symbolism of our electronics heritage. Techies
do have good, and finely honed, senses of ironic humor. I love it!

--
Never trouble another for what you can do for yourself.
-- Thomas Jefferson