Posted to rec.woodworking

Default And The Creek Keeps Ris'n

On Mon, 30 Jan 2012 06:14:14 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

On 1/29/2012 11:51 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On 30 Jan 2012 01:56:50 GMT, wrote:

snipped.
3.29 at the Gulf
3.39 at the Texaco

Oops, that was yesterday.
I like this site. Enter your zip and look. It's nationwide, I think.
http://www.newjerseygasprices.com/Map_Gas_Prices.aspx

Last week a weird thing happened with gas prices around here. I live in
Atlanta during the week and commute back home to E. Alabama for the weekend.
Gas prices up there jumped $.40 just before last weekend but they didn't move
a penny here (they'd both increased about $.20 in the week or two before
that). The prices have been unstable for a year, or more, but I found it odd
that in the 75-100 miles there is such a difference in the deltas.

We see price differences like that in Houston.

This is really odd. All of the stations here (SW Atlanta) just shot up while
the stations 75mi down I-85 didn't. It's usually about $.10/gal more
expensive here and that's about the difference in the state gasoline taxes
(little less, IIRC). It's not one station.