Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv,rec.audio.tech,uk.rec.audio,sci.electronics.repair

Default Audio Precision System One Dual Domani Measuirement Systems

In article ,
Max Demian wrote:
How about 13A plug fuses for low wattage appliances such as radios and
lamps? Or wouldn't you regard that as a fault? (I wouldn't, as I regard
the purpose of a plug fuse to blow in the event of a dead short in the
flex.)

As indeed it is. If the device (like a radio) needs fuse protection within
itself, it should have its own fuse. Exactly as it would have when fed
from an unfused plug.

I suspect if starting with a clean sheet now far more sophisticated
circuit breakers etc are affordable, things might be different.

--
*Oh, what a tangled website we weave when first we practice *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.