Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv,rec.audio.tech,uk.rec.audio,sci.electronics.repair
Andy Champ[_2_] Andy Champ[_2_] is offline

Default Audio Precision System One Dual Domani Measuirement Systems

On 30/01/2012 21:32, Trevor Wilson wrote:
On 1/31/2012 8:14 AM, UnsteadyKen wrote:

Trevor Wilson wrote...

I would posit that, when driving an automobile with a manual
gearbox, using one's right hand to control the wheel (assuming one is
right handed), with the other hand using the gear change, is a better
idea.

I'm right handed and learnt to drive in Germany and found that using
the right hand to manipulate the gear lever and handbrake felt natural
and controlled. It seemed awkward when I first drove in the UK and it
took a while to adjust.

**I'm sure that would be the case. I learned to drive in Australia,
using a 'three on the tree' and later a four speed, floor mounted manual
gearbox. I now drive a five speed manual gearbox car. I've driven auto
gearbox cars in the US and elsewhere. I reckon that trying to drive a
manual gearbox in the US would be a difficult adjustment to make, though
using an auto box was easy enough.

I've driven manual gearbox cars on mainland Europe (LHD) and I learned
in RHD England. No real problems - except the Renault electronic
handbrake, which was censored. Perhaps a few thousand auto-box miles
in the US first helped.

Andy