Posted to alt.home.repair
Molly Brown[_2_] Molly Brown[_2_] is offline

Default Hammer Drills for Electric Screwdrivers

On Jan 31, 3:27*am, DanG wrote:
On 1/29/2012 9:36 PM, mcp6453 wrote:

On 1/29/2012 10:32 PM, DanG wrote:
On 1/29/2012 9:09 PM, mcp6453 wrote:
Often on Holmes Inspection and This Old House, the workers use what appear to be
hammer drills as electric screwdrivers, particularly for lag bolts or long
screws. Are they really using hammer drills, or does it just sound like a hammer
drill?

Impact driver. *Yes, I suppose it is a bit like a hammer drill. *I've not torn
mine apart yet to see what is impacting, but they sure make Tapcons, lags, and
Phillips screws work wonders.

Here is some information: *type "impact driver" in google. *These things are all
the rage, but it would be the first tool I would replace if lost or dead.

If you were going to buy one tomorrow morning, which one would you buy? Impact
makes more sense than hammer.

Way back when, I started my battery tool collection with commercial
Black & Decker (before DeWalt). *Once you have charger(s) and batteries
it just seems to make sense to stay interchangeable and compatible. *I
sometimes wish I *had started out with Milwaukee, yet, the DeWalt has
proved durable. *I'm sure others will laud other major brands.

--

Keep the whole world singing . . .
Dan G
remove the seven- Hide quoted text -

The Milwaukee that I bought has this selector dial on it that you have
to remove to open the gear box. The way it’s designed, once you remove
the dial you can’t put it back on and you have to buy a new dial.