Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv,rec.audio.tech,uk.rec.audio,sci.electronics.repair

Default Audio Precision System One Dual Domani Measuirement Systems

In article ,
Ron wrote:
In ,
Paul wrote:
On Mon, 30 Jan 2012 17:54:08 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:

Take fares? When last were you on a bus? ;-)

There are buses in places other than Landun you know. They don't have
Oyster.

Neither do I. But don't pay cash on the bus.

When in Belgium last year, I found that, on the tramways, there was no
place to pay the driver, and no 'conductor'.
Most passengers seem to insert a card into a machine, no one checked
tickets. I asked several folks how do I pay, they just shrugged, so it
seems travel between stops wasn't worth collecting fares for. The whole
system is remarkably cheap.

Amsterdam in the '60s had a system where no money changed hands on the
trams. You bought books of tickets in a shop. Can't remember exactly how
evasion was policed.

--
*Ever stop to think and forget to start again?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.