Posted to rec.woodworking

Default JUST ONCE.....

On Mon, 30 Jan 2012 06:16:33 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 1/29/2012 10:10 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sun, 29 Jan 2012 21:37:38 -0600, Leonlcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 1/29/2012 7:05 PM, Larry W wrote:
In articleir2dnSrtT84y_bjSnZ2dnUVZ5tqdnZ2d@giganews. com,
Leonlcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

Or simpler still protective micro chain mail gloves that simply cannot
be penetrated by a saw blade.

Given that even a hand-held circular saw will cut a 10d nail pretty easily,
that would have to be a hell of a glove!

Kevlar

Kevlar reduces knife slices but is chewed up by a TS blade instantly.
Well, less instantly than a leather glove, but very close.

A quick hand into a lower powered saw might result in the breakage of
your hand but I think the kevlar glove might stop the blade shortly
before it started chewing. Dina would choke, fer sher. A 5hp Griz,
prolly not. I wouldn't want to try it with either a circ saw or a
table saw. I ain't no weenie.

I wold think a saw blade might be similar to a speeding bullet.

No, it's more like spinning or saw-cutting knife blades.

--
Life is like one big Mardi Gras. But instead of showing your boobs,
show people your brain, and if they like what they see, you'll have