Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Was Dial indicator--now jointer

On 1/29/2012 8:39 PM, Bill wrote:
Leon wrote:
On 1/29/2012 3:20 PM, Bill wrote:

Keep in mind it is more difficult to straighten an edge on a TS unless
you use a sled, which I used to do. The rip fence is not long enough to
address keeping the stock going in a straight line for longer boards.
The track saw works much better in this case.

Good point. I didn't think of that. Thanks for the lesson!
If there's a theme here, it seems to be "be concerned about everything
that can go wrong".

Good catch there, the better your stock is to begin with the fewer the
little inconsistencies show up later to a greater magnitude.

Keep in mind that hardwoods that are sold at the big box stores tend to
be 2 to 3 tomes more expensive than a hardwood lumber yard that has a
much larger volume of hardwood sales. Smaller hardwood "boutiques" tend
to be pretty pricey also.