Posted to rec.woodworking

Default JUST ONCE.....

(Larry W) wrote in
:

You know, I'm reading this right now on a laptop with a touchpad. I
put my finger on the touchpad, move it around, and of course the mouse
cursor on the screen reacts normally. I try using a piece of wood in
the touchpad, a few different types of plastic, and even a piece of
metal, and nothing happens. I wonder if there's something useable
there as an alternative to whatever Gass has patented?

A computer with a video camera could watch you as you make the cut. It
would "know" what the saw looked like and a piece of wood, but anything
too close to the blade would set it off.

It's another method, but not something I think would really work.
There's just too much information to process to prevent false trips and
ensure real ones. Anyone ever played with the Xbox Kinect?

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.