Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default JUST ONCE.....

On 1/29/2012 9:47 AM, Leon wrote:

It could be a special glove. and yes we have hashed the horror of the
blade grabbing the glove and pulling you whole body in to the saw
through the zero clearance insert. Although I proved that myth wrong
many years ago by pushing a glove into a saw blade and the saw cut
cleanly through the glove with out mayhem. The glove sences the blade
and sends a signal to stop the saw.

How about a steel glove made with high quality Chinese steel that you
could wear along with your positive pressure face mask, ear muffs, steel
boots and flack jacket. By the time you get suited up to make a saw
cut, it'd be break time, or more likely, old guys like me would have
forgotten what we were doing and gone on to some other dangerous chore.

For dumb asses like Dave that refuse to wear a NASCAR approved crash
helmet when in a car w/o a government mandate, the gloves could have air
tight patented sensors that would prevent your riving knifed, blade
guarded, saw stop protected saw from even turning on. That should make
us safe enough for the socialized medicine hacks tired of paying us for
all the fingers we scatter about the work shop floors of America.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com