Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv,rec.audio.tech,uk.rec.audio,sci.electronics.repair

Default Audio Precision System One Dual Domani Measuirement Systems

On Sat, 28 Jan 2012 23:53:37 +0000, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
wrote:

In message
,
writes:
[]
In Britain they will still refer to people, fat people especially as
being "so many stone". And they used a lot of units we never did in
daily matters.

Not just fat people - "seven stone weakling" is a not-unknown
expression.

We mix our units much more than that. Take temperatures - if it is
near freezing we use Centigrade, when it is hot we use Fahrenheit.

(excluding the US and Canada) and Japan, drive on the wrong side of
the road, AS COMPARED TO_EVERYWHERE_. Sorry, but THAT is weird. The

It's not the wrong side, it's the left side (-:.

UK, Australia, New Zealand, India. All left side (proper side)
drivers.

Irish would do well to switch. Boston is FAR more important to them
than London!

I was about to agree with you, then I remembered that they have a land
border with the UK, and not with Boston. And they're more likely to
bring their car to England, too.

There are more Irish living in London than in Dublin. For most Irish
people England is a second home - particularly since their economy
went belly-up. And of course most Irish people couldn't give a toss
about the IRA and their pathetic games.