Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv,rec.audio.tech,uk.rec.audio,sci.electronics.repair
J. P. Gilliver (John) J. P. Gilliver (John) is offline

Default Audio Precision System One Dual Domani Measuirement Systems

In message
,
writes:
[]
In Britain they will still refer to people, fat people especially as
being "so many stone". And they used a lot of units we never did in
daily matters.

Not just fat people - "seven stone weakling" is a not-unknown
expression.
[]
(excluding the US and Canada) and Japan, drive on the wrong side of
the road, AS COMPARED TO_EVERYWHERE_. Sorry, but THAT is weird. The

It's not the wrong side, it's the left side (-:.

Irish would do well to switch. Boston is FAR more important to them
than London!

I was about to agree with you, then I remembered that they have a land
border with the UK, and not with Boston. And they're more likely to
bring their car to England, too.
--
J. P. Gilliver. UMRA: 1960/1985 MB++G.5AL-IS-P--Ch++(p)Ar@T0H+Sh0!:`)DNAf

It was kind of Wagnerian in that it was totally for blokes, but it didn't have
difficult woodwind passages. Stuart Maconie (on "Tommy") in Radio Times, 14-20
November 2009.