Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RogerN RogerN is offline

Default Rigging, homemade crane, antenna tower.

wrote in message

snip
That's line of site transmission. I'm not sure more height will help
unless the antenna is in the shadow of something. A bigger antenna
would help. How about an array?
Karl

I want to get high enough to clear the house but I have huge Oak trees, 36"+
diameter at base and taller than any tower I want to mess with. I'm
thinking maybe best bet is under the heaviest part of the foliage but over
the house might be my best bet.

I have thought about an antenna array using directional antennas pointed in
the direction of the stations instead of a rotor. I'm not sure what I would
need in channel filters to pass only the channels I want from each antenna
and block noise from interfering with the signal from the other antennas.

RogerN