Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Toolstation App for android

Fred wrote:

I don't have one of these fancy phones so I don't understand all these
apps. Each shop seems to have its own app. Why can't the user just go
onto an internet browser and visit the shop's web site?

They can, of course it helps when the website is written to work well on
small-screen devices.

What does an app do that a browser can't?

It could download the price list for offline usage, but it'd get pretty
large if it included full description and pictures for each item.

Why install half a dozen apps for six
shops when you could just run one browser?

That's why I don't bother with apps to read individual newspapers,
forums or shops ...