Posted to rec.woodworking

Default JUST ONCE.....

On Fri, 27 Jan 2012 07:12:57 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 1/26/2012 9:04 PM, Dave wrote:
On Wed, 25 Jan 2012 23:24:37 -0500, wrote:
Just one question Jack. How will you show your face here if you chop
one of your fingers off?

I'd feel about the same as you would feel if you get in a car wreck and
are not wearing a NASCAR approved crash helmet, and kill the few

The big difference, is that I wouldn't have been spouting my mouth off
beforehand, about how it's never going to happen to me.

That's the big difference between you and me. You flaunt your
arrogance and "it will never happen to me" attitude with every line
of text you post. That kind of presumed 'specialness' makes people
watch you for your inevitable screwup.

Not to worry, masters of the universe tend to not divulge problems when
they happen so as far as we know they may or may not have any digits
right now. LOL

About 25 years ago when I worked in an automobile dealership we had a
loud mouth, had an answer for everything know it all, been there done
that, had it better, had it worse, et., 22 year old mechanic. You know
the type? ;~)

Anyway another mechanic had a technical difficulty with lowering a
vehicle down from an above ground lift. Oddly the lift arm on one side
began lowering before the other and they became racked, no pun intended.
The lift would neither lower or raise until the weight was removed
from the lower side. The big mouth mechanic mentioned no less that 10
ways to resolve the situation, none of which were used. I called our
wrecker in to lift one end of the vehicle enough to relieve the tension
on the lower rack and long story short the car came down with out mayhem.
Immediately and almost at the top of his voice the loud mouth mechanic
started taking credit for the resolution repeating how it all went down
to all of us that were there, like we could not comprehend what just
happened.

During his yammering he turned around to go back to his stall and but
kept looking back at us. The moment he turned his head to watch where
he was going he walked squarely into another lift arm which resulted in
a nice red knot on his fore head. He did shut up for a moment. LOL
Weeks later as he was retelling the story to some one that did not
witness his accomplishment, he left out the detail of his close
encounter with the adjacent lift.

g Which is when someone should have reached over and thumped him
with a thumb/middlefinger thwack, right on the knot, saying "Forgot
something!"

--
Creativity can solve almost any problem. The creative act,
the defeat of habit by originality, overcomes everything.