Posted to rec.woodworking
Father Haskell Father Haskell is offline

Default Was Dial indicator--now jointer

On Jan 23, 7:08*pm, Bill wrote:

I think I had some misconceptions about what a TS could do. *I think I
was expecting it could produce a decent edge for gluing. And I guess it
can, but a jointer is evidently (much) better. * Either I get a jointer
or I learn to sharpen and use my Stanley planes (I've collected
#4-5-6-7-8 and some 5 1/4's, and some for parts...lol). *Anyone out
there making furniture with no power jointer?

Systimatic ATBR 50 tooth blade does fine. For more critical
luthiery work, I'll touch up the joints with a #5 or an LN block.
Haven't seen a jointer yet that can produce as smooth or
as flat a surface.