Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default JUST ONCE.....

On 1/24/2012 5:10 PM, Dave wrote:
On Tue, 24 Jan 2012 10:39:17 -0500, wrote:
As an individual user with 50 years of no incidents under my belt, I'll
take 3 new pickup trucks over $72,000 wasted in false trips.

Just one question Jack. How will you show your face here if you chop
one of your fingers off?

I'd feel about the same as you would feel if you get in a car wreck and
are not wearing a NASCAR approved crash helmet, and kill the few
existing brain cells in your noggin that you could have [saved] with a
very, very small investment.

How will you ever live down the shame?

No shame. I run my shaper, router table and table saw w/o a power feeder
and I'm well over the maximum safe age to be doing that stuff with all
these dangerous machines. It would be something like a rock climber
falling off his roof cleaning the leaves out of the gutter after he is
too old to climb rocks. I'm still climbing, and consider it a
challenge. I quit riding murder cycles when I thought the risk
surpassed the fun. I haven't got there yet with my wood working
pleasure, and while it may not be the safest hobby on earth, it works
for me, and almost NO woodworkers die from saw accidents, while a
zillion or more folks kill themselves on murder cycles.

Sorry, that's two questions. Feel free to answer one or both.

I felt free to ignore you completely, but for some dumb reason chose to
waste some time on you.