Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default A clueless woman

RobertL wrote:
On Jan 23, 7:58 pm, Old Codger wrote:
On 23/01/2012 18:57, ARWadsworth wrote: She lost her gold wedding
ring today whilst decorating and it went down a
gap in the floorboards.

Her husband was at work and phoned me to retrieve it. I lifted the
floorboard and could see the ring but I could not reach it with my
arm.

I said "I have just the thing in the van to get that" and she
relpies "I'll bet it's a magnet on a stick, I've seen them used
before"

Did you tell her it must be gold plate? :-)

Maybe he had one of these in the van: an eddy-current maagnet will
lift any metal.

http://www.nipponmagnetics.com/eddy-...ication-6.html

Nothing that clever I am afraid. I used a stick with a hook on the end:-)

--
Adam