Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default A clueless woman

In message , Huge
writes
On 2012-01-25, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
ARWadsworth wrote:
Nothing that clever I am afraid. I used a stick with a hook on the end:-)

I've got a long (approx 1mtr) pearl grabber which I bought at the local
market. It's semi flexible - like a drain clearing rod - and quite handy
for things like this.

I have my Stick of Getting Things, which is a piece of bamboo cane with
a hook on one end a magnet from a disk drive on the other.

I have my device for retrieving cameras dropped from the bridge into our
river by careless tourists...

3' of murky moving water is visually impenetrable.

A length of rainwater downpipe with a circular glass window sealed to
the end with insulating tape. A short length of stiff wire formed into a
hook visible through the glass completes:-)

regards

--
Tim Lamb