Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Was Dial indicator--now jointer

On Wed, 25 Jan 2012 19:30:18 -0500, Bill wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 25 Jan 2012 13:23:13 -0500, wrote:

In case anyone else is interested in building his or her own strop, I
ordered an 8-9 oz (leather is not perfectly uniform thickness, hence the
range), 8/64"-9/64" thick, 1 1/2" wide, 50" long, "Tandy" brand,
vegetable-tanned strap, for about $17.50 including S&H. Product is
available in alot of widths and from Amazon and E-bay.

That should work great. I zeenk you already bought zome of zee LVT
green compound, oui? Merveilleux!

It is merely my guess and hope that this item will be suitable for a
strop. The basis for my guess is that unembossed belts are considered
usable, and this is a "belt-blank". It's a carvable one at that, so I
anticipate that it will have the suitable firmness/pliability.

It will between the waxing gibbous and waning crescent phases of the
moon, but -only- if you hold your mouth right.

Now I need to find a quarter-sawn piece of Maple from the tree whose
branches hung over the crossroads where Robert Johnson sold his soul to
the devil... Roadtrip!

I finally broke down and bought a copy of that movie (and the movie of
the same name starring a young Britney.) The former I bought primarily
for the soundtrack, the latter for the jailbait almost T&A. But
seriously, she has one nice pai^H^H^Hvoice, doesn't she?

But forget about that wood. Mr. Legba, he doan like no woodchoppahs
roun' his trees, y'heah?

Wikipedia has some useful information about leather. Cheers!

It's a definite resource, isn't it?

Speaking of resources: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papa_Legba,
complete with my reference.

--
Creativity can solve almost any problem. The creative act,
the defeat of habit by originality, overcomes everything.