Posted to rec.woodworking
m II m II is offline

Default Another Nail Gun Incident

Dave has another nail gun that can fire a nail into wood 3.25" but
can't launch it more than 6" in air. I love watching the Three Stooges
shoot themselves in the foot, here!!!
You know the ones that get fired from the cabinet maker shop 'cause,
"nobody liked him"

OOOOOOOOOPS......
Come on, say it!
"Explosive gases propel objects with a different kind of velocity than
air does."

LOL

---------

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message
Don't understand what you are saying here Dave - can you run that by me
again? I'm confused by the "unrestricted hit" part of what you're
saying.

------------
From: Dave
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Subject: Another Nail Gun Incident

Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 12:50:41 -0500

Another thing to consider is that nail guns are designed to inject a
nail to a preconfigured depth in the wood. They don't produce an
unrestricted hit to a nail that happens when a bullet is impacted by
the explosion of the gases.

Besides defeating the safety on a nail gun, the depth control
adjustment would also have to be defeated. I doubt that's easily
possible on many/most nail guns.