Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_2_] John Grossbohlin[_2_] is offline

Default Was Dial indicator--now jointer

"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message
On 1/24/2012 6:05 PM, Bill wrote:
Leon wrote:

I recall in shop class in 1968 you would receive 3 licks if caught using
the jointer to surface more one edge and one side or to clean up a an edge
after going through the TS. ;~)

I think some guys were and are unreasonable... I cannot tell you how many
times I've uncovered defects on the first jointed edge or face of rough cut
that led me to joint the opposite edge and/or face so that the defect would
be removed by the thickness planer or saw in final dimensioning... I see it
as a lack of reasonableness in their position on things.

John