Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac

Default Honeywell MagicStat thermostat - questions about jumper settingson the back

On 1/23/2012 3:40 AM, Daniel who wants to know wrote:
"The Daring wrote in message

I'm afraid I didn't follow this thread that closely but did anyone mention
making sure any holes in the wall behind the T-stat were sealed?
That would be the first thing I always look for. I've found that even
the tiniest holes can let in enough air to screw with an electronic
sensor. Even air getting past/through the little plastic anchors for
the mounting screws. o_O

TDD

In my case that is covered too, the thermostat is mounted to a paneling wall
of the closet that the furnace is in, the walls are bare studs inside the
closet, and the furnace is direct return instead of ducted with 2 20x25
filters in an A frame shape on top (it is a downflow), IE the area behind
the thermostat is conditioned space.

Cool! No pun intended. ^_^

TDD