Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Rigging, homemade crane, antenna tower.

On Jan 24, 9:59*pm, "RogerN" wrote:
"Ignoramus1674" *wrote in message
m...

Roger, sorry for a dumb question, but is it possible that you have a
local ordinance limiting the height of your antenna? You do not want
to find out after you erected the pole.

I may need to check, but I live outside city limits out in the country on
4-1/2 acres of land. *There are tall poles all over my land from the power
company, they have a substation across the street and a main line running
across my property. *I doubt if anyone would even notice if I put up a pole,
mast, or small tower. *However I should check before I find out I should
have checked!

RogerN

LOL..I guarantee you that people will notice...the wrong people.

Ask any ham radio operator.

I believe the digital standard was based on an antenna mounted 30 feet
above a two story house.

Tvfool.com's info is based on that.

Take some time looking at this group....good site even with its
infestation of conservatives.

alt.video.digital-tv

The standard used is a really troublesome one so be prepared for some
hair pulling to get a consistent quality performance.

The more elevation you have the better...living on a mountain with
line of sight helps.

Also verify what stations you will get and which of them are VHF/UHF.

TMT