Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Any good metalworking forums?

On Jan 24, 4:02*am, DougC wrote:
On 1/23/2012 11:39 PM, Too_Many_Tools wrote:

On Jan 23, 8:57 pm, Gunner *wrote:
On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 17:30:11 -0600, "Pete
wrote:

This group wasn't always like it is currently.

When I complain, several of you simply chew me out for not simply filtering
the OT stuff out.

Why dont you?

Google Groups is the worst way to use Usenet

Gunner

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Gunner Asch

Or Gummer and merry band of crazies could just quit posting
conservative crap.

TMT

The problem with newsgroup spam is there's no way to get away from it
other than filtering somehow, since the spammers search usenet
statistics for the busiest groups to spam. If you've ever looked around
at a lot of oddball newsgroups, they may average little to no spam in
the last ~12 months,,,, but they also usually have very few real posts
as well. Spammers won't waste their time posting to a group they know
nobody visits.

The problem with web forums is that they either cost you money directly
(a membership fee) or they have advertising. Their power to keep spam
down is the ability to block people from posting, even if you paid for a
membership (if it is a paid site) or if you criticize advertisers (if it
is ad supported). So you never have the freedom to post what you want
there, even if it is fairly on-topic.

,,,,,,,,

The problem with discussing US politics at all is that you are either
defending conservatives who want to keep more useless things from the
past, or liberals who want more useless things for the future.- Hide quoted text -

Well said.

But it is what we have to work with.

I personally do not filter since one has to sift through the chaff
before you find that kernel of information that is of importance.

One can see who posts...the conservative spammers are regulars who you
can ignore.

TMT