Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.rec.gardening

Default Metal theft. The biters bit

On 24/01/2012 18:25, 'Mike' wrote:

"charles" wrote in message
In article ,
ŽiŠardo wrote:

As you may be aware, there are penalties available for exceeding the
speed limit, as there are for illegal parking regardless or whether an
accident ensues, such penalties being more severe when an accident
occurs for the reason stated. Never having received such a penalty in
nearly fifty years of driving, however, I'll be guided by those who
obviously have fallen foul of the law.

You may think it a good idea to kill speeding drivers, but I'll keep an
open mind on it.

last year on a road near here, a car left the road, hit a tree and killed
the 2 occupants. A lot of bleating about the road being unsafe,
inadequately marked, etc.

Facts: 1.the car was shown to have been travelling at well over the 40mph
speed limit - Volvo estates generally stand up well to this sort of
impact
2. The occupants were aged 16 & 14 - far too young to be driving legally.
3. They'd just left the home of relatives who must have known their age
How did they get the car (belonging to their father) in the first place?

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.16

When my Father started to teach me to drive, in 1954, he said to me,
"Remember, the most dangerous nut in a car, is the nut behind the wheel"

At the start of my first lesson, the instructor asked me "What is the
first rule of the road?" The answer being "Drive on the left" - however,
I though that my answer of "Assume everyone else is out to get you" was
better.

SteveW