Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default JUST ONCE.....

On 1/23/2012 6:33 PM, Leon wrote:
On 1/23/2012 5:03 PM, Jack wrote:
On 1/21/2012 6:25 PM, Swingman wrote:

Yes, it is expensive to set it off. Cartridge and blade.

You guys are wise. IMO, only a fool, with a single employee who's job
description included operating a table saw, would not have a SawStop
today.

Don't need no steenking saw stops...

Jack

Now I will have to say to trip the mechanism that many times you also
will have factor in positive trips that actually saved a finger or hand.

Lets say one time in 50, at Approximately $25,000~$35,000 per incident
to cover emergency surgery and reconstruction and rehabilitation and
perhaps a prosthetic and lost wages, TIMES 8 equals $200,000~$280,000,

Yes cheap at 50 times the price.

Well I don't have one, nor a blade guard, nor a rive, and after 50 years
of doing this, never nicked one fing-ee. Nor did either of my brothers,
nor did my dad. At my age, I would think owning one might be a good
idea, but, I don't need no steenking gov't dick head mandating I buy one
with a every new saw purchase.

To be really safe, the gov't would have to mandate we stay on the couch,
with a remote so we don't slip on an empty gov't approved potato chip
bag on the way to the gov't controlled TV.

Jack
A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!