Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default A clueless woman

On Jan 23, 6:57*pm, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:
She lost her gold wedding ring today whilst decorating and it went down a
gap in the floorboards.

Her husband was at work and phoned me to retrieve it. I lifted the
floorboard and could see the ring but I could not reach it with my arm.

I said "I have just the thing in the van to get that" and she relpies "I'll
bet it's a magnet on a stick, I've seen them used before"

Hope she wasnt; watching me as I've used those magnetic sticks to pick
up things that aren;t magnetic.
As it's a convinent tool and I usually know where it is ( well 50/50)
I use it for all sorts of things, I just attach either double sided
tape
to the end or sometimes blu-tak, doubled over masking tape, it's
useful for picking up dropped cable ties even paper slipped behind
filling cabinets.
I'd certainly use it on a Gold ring. :-)

--
Adam