Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default JUST ONCE.....

On 1/23/2012 5:03 PM, Jack wrote:
On 1/21/2012 6:25 PM, Swingman wrote:

Yes, it is expensive to set it off. Cartridge and blade.

You guys are wise. IMO, only a fool, with a single employee who's job
description included operating a table saw, would not have a SawStop
today.

Cheap at fifty times the price ...

Let's see, one guy had 7 false one's in a couple of years and one grill
that nicked a fing-ee that likely happened because of carelessness
brought on by lack of respect enabled by the SS.

$100 for a good blade, $80 for the replacement mechanism, times 8, times
50... $72,000.

I think it would be close to "not cheap" at fifty times the price, at
least I know no one that would own or use a tsaw with those sort of
numbers mandated.

As an employer, I'd take your $72k for 8 incidents any day over a jury
award of $1.5 million for each incident ... $12,000,000, or over 1300
times the price.

-
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010