Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default JUST ONCE.....

On 1/22/2012 11:14 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:

On a woodworking group it's hard to imagine a political election
being a better target than forced saw stop ownership.

I think in addition to forced ownership of saw stop crap, the hand
wringers should be forced to buy/use power feeders. Much cheaper than
buying a new hand, right?

Oh geezus - this is getting just plain stupid! Nobody - repeat - nobody is
forcing saw stop ownership.

You mean I don't have to run out and buy a saw for everyone in my
family... Thanks, what was I thinking...

If you don't like the saw, the owner of the
company, or the color of the saw - don't buy the damned thing. Nothing is
forcing you to own it. Good Lord - this is just stupid!

You are exactly right. Good thinking. Sure hope no one ran out and
bought a new saw for each family member... Close one....

Now, do you think Tsaws with power feeders are safer than w/o a power
feeder. Do you think anyone buying a (new) router table or shaper
should also have to buy a power feeder, or should the gov't let them
risk mangleation at the expense of the rest of us paying for their
socialized medicine to repair the inevitable damage? How much
mangleation would be prevented if everyone was required to wear a NASCAR
approved crash helmet when riding in a car or truck? Should anyone
buying a saw be required to attend a gov't approved training program
first? So many questions....

Got Change: Individual Freedom ==== Gov't Safety!