Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.rec.gardening
joe[_3_] joe[_3_] is offline

Default Metal theft. The biters bit

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
ŽiŠardo wrote:
In ,
wrote:
They were putting other people's lives at risk for personal gain,
with a total contempt for anyone else's needs, requirements,

safety or well-being.

How do you know they were putting lives at risk? They certainly
didn't care about anyone other than themselves - but what thief
does? What's far more worrying is the self righteous hang them
and flog them brigade. As if they never ever broke the law.

How do you KNOW otherwise? Suppose they had got away with it,
leaving a live wire exposed to the elements and passers by...

You're supposing - again.

After the supposition his family were starving, it compares as a milder
point.

Just remember - speeding puts other's life at risk. If you want
dramatics.

...or even red herrings.

Please show here I have suggested "hanging and flogging". Perhaps I
was merely marvelling at Darwinism in action. They would seem to
have been the architects of their own destiny and I, for one, see
no reason to shed a tear for their passing.

Of course not. Didn't think you were human.

Let me sum it up. You don't care if someone lives or dies because they
have done something you disapprove of.

But expect that same person to be worried about others?

He would not be the same person if he worried about others, would he?