Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.rec.gardening
ŽiŠardo ŽiŠardo is offline

Default Metal theft. The biters bit

On 23/01/2012 13:05, charles wrote:
In ,
wrote:
On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 18:33:24 +0000 (GMT), charles
wrote:

in my school days (1950s), the Meter was a unit of length, too.

I can see that if you attended an American or
American-funded/influenced school, but the metre was standard spelling
in the UK back then.

no - it was very British - but I suppose our physics text books might have
been American - but I doubt it since they dealt with the cgs system (which
the American had probably never hear of)

No, it was American! I too attended school in the fifties and grew up
with millimetres, centimetres, metres and kilometres - including the
correct pronunciation of the last one!

--
Moving things in still pictures