Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K[_3_] Jim K[_3_] is offline

Default new anti roll bar bushes fitted - now "tyre" noise?

On Jan 23, 7:18 am, Chris J Dixon wrote:
thirty-six wrote:
So, you got the code?

Not that difficult, since the answers were already in the
question.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.

thanks so far chaps.

ARB affecting tracking - for those who say "yes"- Why?

(on the car the ARB is secured to some crossmember by the ARB bushes/
clamps, then at the ends a weedy double ball jointed link connects
each end of the ARB up to the suspension strut. When I did the swap,
undoing the AR bush clamps allowed the ARB to move easily, swaying on
the (untouched) links (as described above). Replacing the bushes was
straightforward enough given how tight access is under there. )

So I am intrigued why some think the tracking/alignments etc could be
affected ??

Cheers
Jim K