Posted to rec.woodworking
Just Wondering Just Wondering is offline

Default JUST ONCE.....

On 1/22/2012 7:26 PM, Morgans wrote:
Much better, in my opinion, to train them to be extremely careful and
to use the already mandated and supplied safety devices. - and to
SUPPLY the devices. (like push sticks, finger boards, splitters and
guards)

Good points.

If I was a high school shop teacher (and I am) and I had a saw stop, I
would tell the guys that they did not work as good as it shows on
you-tube and even worse, that they sometimes did not work at all. That
way, they could not depend on the saw stopping to keep them safe, and
they would have to work on developing safe work habits.

Yeah, and your students would promptly do some internet research, find
out were lying, and call you out on your BS. Your credibility would be
shot, and then how effective a teacher would you be?