Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default new anti roll bar bushes fitted - now "tyre" noise?

Did on a friends Honda whateveritwas.
Brian

Email:

"thirty-six" wrote in message
On Jan 22, 8:46 pm, Jim K wrote:
recently asked re anti roll bar drop links "knocking" and was
pleasantly surprised to find it wasthe ARB bushes that were sh@gged.
Duly replaced with heavy duty items a day ago.

It's a bitburp late so I'm not completely getting this.

However now I'm getting a "knobbly tyre on road" type noise *in* the

as long as some is.

car at 30mph or above - speed related, but not engine related....

Can changing ARB bushes affect tracking for e.g.? or is the firmer
material of the HD bushes likely to be transferring more road vibes
into the "chassis" ? or something else??

Although I havn't a clue whaT YOUR SHORTHAND REPRESENTS, THE ANSWER IS
" IT COULD".

Even in capitals.