Heath Roberts

Default Old unisaw table different from new ones?

Unisaw A100 wrote in message . ..
Heath Roberts wrote:

But I've noticed that the bosses at the threaded hold-down points

on
the table don't sit flat on the cabinet--there's about a half-inch

of
space at each bolt. It seems to be sitting on the trunions.

When you say, "sitting on the trunnions", are there washers
between the table and the cabinet or do you see the threads
on all four cap screws?

UA100

No spacers or washers, just threads. And when it's not tensioned by
the hold-down bolts, the table rocks, which can't be good...

On first inspection I couldn't find a part number cast into the table.
I'll have to clean it up and check more carefully. I can post a link
to pictures then, too.

Here's another question: this saw came with two motors, a new one and
an old one, which I was told doesn't work. Assuming it needs to be
rebuilt/rewound and if I can't find a local motor shop, is there
somewhere that specializes in repairing these old Delta motors?

And one mo what's the best way to add dust collection to the
old-style unisaws? I am planning to install a Unifence and Uniguard,
which I know aren't original, but I'd like to preserve the look of the
saw as much as possible while making it functional, so I don't want to
make any more modifications than necessary, especially when it comes
to cutting holes.

Thanks,
Heath