Posted to rec.woodworking

Default JUST ONCE.....

Larry Blanchard wrote:

Forty years with no table saw injuries, then two in a year. None
since, but I've developed a better understanding of my fallibility
:-).

As we all do Larry. I remember a time (probably 20 years ago...) when I was
cutting through a battery cable terminal on my farm tractor. Brand new
blade in my hacksaw, and theoretically, being quite careful. But it was
cold outside, and I was getting firewood up, and time was a factor. To make
a long story short, something slipped and I ended up with a full stroke of
that hacksaw, right into my left index finger. Right to the bone. Young
and stupid as I was, I wrapped it in a napkin and duck tape, and went back
to work. Sure enough - it healed up just fine enough over a couple of
weeks, but the cold still really effects that finger to this day.

So - maybe even proper medical treatment would have not resulted in any
different reaction to the cold today, but I can tell you this - the memory
of that day is pretty real to me today, and it does impose itself on me
every time I use a tool such as my table saw, that is capable of like
injuries. It sure as hell imposes itself on me every time I grab a
hacksaw...

--

-Mike-