Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default JUST ONCE.....

On 1/21/2012 9:45 PM, Steve Barker wrote:
On 1/21/2012 4:59 PM, DanG wrote:
On 1/20/2012 8:09 PM, Digger wrote:
On 1/20/2012 5:54 PM, Steve Barker wrote:
Just once i'd like to see a demonstration of that damn hot dog being
run
into that $aw $top blade at the same rate that your finger or hand
might
if you were to slip. I'll bet it'll still cause significant damage.
Those things are a joke.

Saw the hot dog live demo once. It worked as advertised and barely broke
the skin of the dog. Amazing demo and when that blade stopped, even
though I was expecting some noise it still scared the crap right out
of me.

You ought be in the same room or near the saw when it happens when you
WEREN'T expecting it.

We've set ours off about 8 times in several years. Usually because of
failure to note embedded metal, wet wood, aluminized vapor backer, etc.
Only once when a man was pushing it - he thought he had completed a cut
he was pushing along the fence (probably way too close and should have
been using a push stick) and set it off with no visible cut, looked more
like a splinter.

Yes, it is expensive to set it off. Cartridge and blade.

damn. $800 in false trips. More than my saw cost new. Dandy product you
got there. what a joke!

Don't knock what you can not afford.