Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.rec.gardening
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default Metal theft. The biters bit

On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 22:58:17 -0000, Andrew Gabriel
wrote:

In article
,
McKevvy writes:
On Jan 20, 6:51 pm, harry wrote:
Not for the faint hearted this
one!http://www.thegaragegazette.com/index.php?topic=8130.0

Yup. This was posted in uk.railway a few days ago.
They don't get my sympathy.

I know it's difficult to sympathise with someone cut down by their
own criminal actions, but it's not a crime for which anyone is going
to suggest a death sentence is appropriate. So in the sense that
they didn't get a chance to serve their sentence and didn't get a
chance to go on to become reformed upright citizens, I do feel
sorry for them. Of course, I have no way of knowing if they would
have taken that chance even if it had been made available to them,
or if they would have continued to be a blight on society, or if
they've been a blight on society for some time before this.

I am certainly not going to flat out disagree with your humane view. But I
do think that people who do things like this completely ignore the danger
they pose to the rest of us by their actions. The safety systems that
fail. The operations that are interrupted or deferred - and the
consequences of that.

--
Rod