jack

Default Old unisaw table different from new ones?

I replaced the table top on my 1946 delta unisaw with a new one that
had the T slots. The new tops are made for both the contractor and
unisaw. The contractor saw bolts the motor assembly to the bottom of
the table. There are 4 bolt bosses near the blade opening for this.
For the unisaw, the motor assembly is suspended at the four corners of
the base. The trunion interferes with the four bolt bosses. To allow
the table to rest on the four corners you must grind the four bolt
bosses off with a hand grinder, pretty scary huh. I rented a grinder
at the big orange place. A seven inch grinder takes about 5 minutes. I
can get you some picture of how to do it from the guy I bought my
table top from, maybe. You do not have to do anything to the saw only
the top. I guess the new trunion is different than the old one.
Jack

Unisaw A100 wrote in message . ..
Heath Roberts wrote:
But I've noticed that the bosses at the threaded hold-down points on
the table don't sit flat on the cabinet--there's about a half-inch of
space at each bolt. It seems to be sitting on the trunions.

If I may be allowed a follow up question?

When you say, "sitting on the trunnions", are there washers
between the table and the cabinet or do you see the threads
on all four cap screws?

UA100