Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roberts Roberts is offline

Default A nice politically correct building site

"Steve Walker" wrote in message
On 21/01/2012 15:04, Adrian Simpson wrote:
In article , Tim Watts
writes
Nobody minds if someone is called Big Dave, Little Pete etc.

Yes they do.

A few years back we had two Daves. The second one to join was younger,
so got referred to as "young Dave", which after a while he started
objecting to on the grounds that he was 30. Problem was solved when the
other Dave left.

One of circle of old school friends is a couple of years younger than the
rest of us, hence "little Rob." The name has stuck and he is quite happy
with it, depite being 6'2"

SteveW

Yes that is true. I was in charge of a very multi-national shift in a
transport workshop and some of the names were very difficult to
pronounce.One chap had an Afgan name so will called him Fred when we shouted
for Fred, people would be surprised when he arrived also another called Dev
was of course Dave. We all got on together but between theirselves they
still retained their own traditional dislikes of each other and they call us
racist.....
Robbie.