Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default A nice politically correct building site

dave wrote:

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 15:02:04 -0800 (PST), cynic
wrote:

On Jan 20, 6:00 pm, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:
It was like travelling back 40 years in time.

The labourer was called "Black Dave".

That's the last time I work in S****horpe.

--
Adam

I came across a black Joe. He was white Anglo Saxon but didn't wash
much.

The racists have put a stop to all that!

Nobody minds if someone is called Big Dave, Little Pete etc.

Perhaps the mark of a mature society will be when you *can* call someone
"Black Dave" without everyone getting upset (assuming it is not in malice of
course).

There's an old chinese insult for whiteys - Bai Gui which literally means
"White Ghost".

I'd find it most amusing to be called that - not that anyone ever has...

OTOH, a passerby in Beijing referred to me as "American" and I was deeply
insulted...

--
Tim Watts