Posted to rec.woodworking
marc rosen marc rosen is offline

Default JUST ONCE.....

Because the 2x8 was as wet as it was, I would think the Saw-Stop would have
already fired. *Even if it did not, going over the top of the blade that way
would make it much harder for the trigger mechanism to detect the change in
resistance.

Deb,
The Sawstop has an override to prevent accidental firing if you are
cutting wet wood so your accident may not have been diminshed if you
were using a Saw Stop in this mode. (At least this feature was
provided on the earlier models as was explained to me at several
demonstrations and shows.) However, I don't think your comment about
going over the top of the blade is accurate. I also posed questions
like that to many of the Saw Stop dudes and they assured me that the
blade will sense "flesh" or any other conducting material it touches.
They claim that you don't have to be the conduit between the blade and
the table for actuation to take place.
No, I'm not a Saw Stop owner nor advocate.
Anyway, I hope you're healed and really sorry your got cut.

Marc