Posted to rec.woodworking
Dr. Deb[_3_] Dr. Deb[_3_] is offline

Default JUST ONCE.....

Steve Barker wrote:

Just once i'd like to see a demonstration of that damn hot dog being run
into that $aw $top blade at the same rate that your finger or hand might
if you were to slip. I'll bet it'll still cause significant damage.
Those things are a joke.

having just had a run in with the object of this thread. Even if I had had
one, I don't think it would have kept me from getting 12 (should have been
more) stitches in two fingers (4 index, 8 ring). I was cutting slats for a
swing fron a very wet treated 2x8. It was wanting to vear away from the
fence, so, being very careful, I was holding it over with my left hand and
pushing it through with the right hand. The 2x8 just stopped and my left
hand slipped up and over the blade.

Because the 2x8 was as wet as it was, I would think the Saw-Stop would have
already fired. Even if it did not, going over the top of the blade that way
would make it much harder for the trigger mechanism to detect the change in
resistance.

Makes a nice commercial and is something to keep the "safety" folks happy.
Other than that, I cannot think of a good use for it except to generate
funds for the company that makes it.

Deb