Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default looking for source of cheap square drive screws

On 1/18/2012 8:24 PM, Puckdropper wrote:
wrote in
:

On Wed, 18 Jan 2012 11:40:11 -0600, Leonlcb11211@swbelldotnet

Basically I can have to wiggle the driver and bit back and forth to work
it loose from the screw. This is a reap PIA when removing several
screws and they will not come loose from the driver bit.

The reason I asked if you were using an impact drill/driver is that
I've heard of some brands of Robertson screws misshapen slightly when
the impact driver is working. It causes the screw to grab tighter to
the bit.

Sometimes if the bit gets stuck in the screw head, all you have to do is
reverse the driver slightly. Usually releases the bit quite effectively.

Puckdropper

Unless you are removing the screw. ;~) This is really a PIA when
removing screws and cannot easily remove them from the bit.

If driving the screws I can wiggle the drill ad driver bit back and
forth to facilitate the release.