Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
Tom Del Rosso[_4_] Tom Del Rosso[_4_] is offline

Default Abate Holding Your Breath...Thompson's Design

John Larkin wrote:

I took one of Marcel's alternator models, ran it through a 2:1
stepdown transformer, and rectified that. On the sensible parts of the
frequency curve, the resulting DC current increases, about doubling
the no-transformer current towards the high end. Impedance matching
works!

Is it for sure the impedance matching capability of the transformer that
produces the benefit, or the trade-off of current vs voltage? I ask this
because I don't see any way to be sure of any of the impedances, so how can
we know if the transformer is matching it?

zero, and remove the last word.