Posted to alt.home.repair
JimT[_2_] JimT[_2_] is offline

Default water softeners in the UK

On 1/17/2012 10:50 PM, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 22:43:54 -0600, wrote:

On 1/17/2012 10:34 PM, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 19:57:59 -0700,
wrote:

My daughter lives in the London area, and is interested in a water softener.
They have visited with a salesman from a company called Harvey water
softeners. They live in a typical masonettes, so it would have to be a
very small one that goes under the kitchen sink (or next to it). Anyone
have good/bad reviews? thank you in advance

Are you thinking of Reverse Osmosis systems? I've not found a
household water softener that fits under the sink. An RO system will
and will remove some sediments from the water.

Wouldn't do much good for things you usually have s/w for like bathing,
clothes, hot water heater, washing car. RO is great for drinking water.

Right. The OP wants a system under the sink. Good luck with a
softener for that location.

80 lbs. of salt crystals just won't fit under a sink.

Of course this is in the UK.

I don't like the taste of the s/w from my system. The ro system takes
care of that.