Pat Barber

Default Old unisaw table different from new ones?

I looked at the parts breakdown:

http://www.acetoolrepair.com/AceTool...eSaws/CS4K.htm

and that's the correct part number for "that" saw....

Are you sure about the saw model ???

How do you know it's 1956 Unisaw ???

Does your saw look "exactly" like the above picture ???

Is there a part number on the top ???
Look for casting numbers.

Go here for help: http://www.owwm.com/

You might have the right top and wrong saw or
the other way around depending on how you look at it.

Heath Roberts wrote:

I bought an older (1956) unisaw, and was happy to note that the table
had T-slots--I didn't think an original table would have those.

But I've noticed that the bosses at the threaded hold-down points on
the table don't sit flat on the cabinet--there's about a half-inch of
space at each bolt. It seems to be sitting on the trunions.

On the CS-4K part sheet, Delta shows the current table part number for
the old saw as 422-04-091-5001, which they say does have T-slots, but
the current part number for current model saw (CS-4K-10 part sheet) is
422-04-391-0003.

I wonder if maybe I have a table which isn't really supposed to go
with this saw. I've googled without finding an answer, and the folks
at Delta were very nice but couldn't tell me any more than "they're
different part numbers, so they must be different"--does anybody know
if there have been changes to the table casting that would make a new
table not correctly fit an older saw cabinet?

Thanks,
Heath